Emma is a fully licensed Occupational Therapist registered with the Association of Occupational Therapists Ireland and CORU.
Emma obtained an Honours degree in Occupational Therapy from the University College Cork. Following this she gained experience working with both children and adults with a variety of conditions such as Autism, Dementia, DCD, Sensory Processing Disorder, Down syndrome and Intellectual disabilities.
Emma has worked with Early Intervention and School age teams. She has also gained invaluable experience working with adults in both the community and residential and nursing home services. Emma is currently finishing a Postgraduate in Sensory Integration Therapy.
She has special interest in continuing her knowledge to benefit her clients. Emma is part of the national committee for continuing professional development for Occupational Therapists.
- Bachelor of Science in Occupational Therapy, BSc. (hons) in Occupational Therapy from UCC
- AOTI member (Association of Occupational Therapists in Ireland)
- CORU (organisation for regulating health and social care professionals)
- AOTI CPD Committee
- Seating and Posture in Occupational Therapy
Continuous Professional Development Courses Completed
- Therapeutic Management of Children with Vestibular Dysfunction (2018)
- Paediatric Functional Strength Training (2018)
- Manual Handling (2018)
- Fire Safety (2018)
- Sensory Integration Module 1 (2017)
- Seat tech Level 1: Workshop (2017)
- Dyslexia training (2017)
- Children’s First Training (2017)
- Hand Hygiene, HSE (2017)
- First aid and defibrillator training, Order of Malta (2016)
- Encountering, Assessing and Managing Pain (2016)
- Communicating with people who have an intellectual disability (2016)
- Promoting physical activity (2016)
- Bridging the gap in Dementia Care (2016)
- SafeTalk, Living Works Education (2016)
- Encountering, Assessing and Elderly Care and Caring for the disabled (2015)
- ALISON work ergonomics online course (2013)